Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tartan Day


I love playing at Tartan Day. There are so many special events like sheep dog herding demonstrations, highland dance exhibitions, storytelling, piping and drumming, listening to bands...alas, no haggis! In addition to playing a morning set and an afternoon set, I got to dance with the "Heather and Thistle" Royal Scottish Country Dancers. I love this group. We meet on Thursday evenings in a church hall just down the street from my house, and we have the most gracious teacher Laura Russell.

2 comments:

  1. And we loved hearing you at Tartan Day!!! Great job!!!

    Bonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I took your advice and looked at the Youth Hostel site and booked much of the rest of my trip the week before leaving. Thanks for sharing your insights.

    ReplyDelete