Sunday, June 6, 2010

re-Mark


After one of my early harp competitions, my friend Mark came up to me and said, "Pieces of the Strathspey that you hacked off are still lying all over the floor". Yesterday, Mark competed for the first time at the Highland Games in Glasgow, KY. He confided that as he started to play his Strathspey in the competition he thought, "Okay...this is when God teaches me a lesson for making that re-Mark to Steve". There was, however, no unfortunate outcome. Mark was awarded 1st place in the Journeymen Category on Solo Harp. He was also given the crystal platter for playing the most difficult piece, and was presented with a Jan Pennington-Gray Medallion. I was glad that Mark stopped to share his successes, since he has been so supportive as I have competed on the harp.

1 comment:

  1. MARK! Congratulations! And nice harp, too. Wish I coulda heard you play.

    ReplyDelete