Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Windows



After eating dinner, I began making my way back to my B&B. At one point, I looked up and noticed some nice windows at a first floor level (the one above the ground level) and began photgraphing them. A woman from northern England was surprised that she hadn’t noticed the nice windows when she’d eaten there earlier, and then I was surprised to be informed that these were the windows to Willow Tea Room designed by Mackintosh. There isn’t any blatant sign pointing the tea room out, rather, there are large “Sale” signs in the store below that make you want to look the other way. But still, Mackintosh’s charming design was able to cut through the visual clutter around it.
It was great to share conversation with with Cindy and Robin. I regretted not being able to spend more time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment