Saturday, October 23, 2010

Judges

Sue Richards and Jen Narkevicius were the judges for the competition. Sue is a four time National Scottish Harp Champion and internationally recognized recording artist, performer, and teacher. Jen is the current president of the Scottish Harp Society of America. What an honor to be in the company of two people who give so much to the harp community. 


There are two trophies pictured here. The golden cup is a traveling trophy which has the engraved names of each National Scottish Harp Champion since the inception of the competition. As the recipient, the award resides with me until the following year when it is passed on to the next National Scottish Harp Champion. The Crystal Trophy is the one which resides with me permanently. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. This is about the coolest thing ever. May I have your autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My staff is already busy at work forging my autographs on hastily printed photographs to meet the sudden demands of my adoring followers. Only experts in the future on "Antiques Roadshow" will be able to scrutinize the signatures to sort the forgeries from the real thing. You, however, can be sure that the one I send to you is the real McBoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Steve! That's awesome!
    Ben, Easley, and Isaiah

    ReplyDelete