Saturday, October 23, 2010

Master Level Competition

After registering at 8:30 in the morning, tuning-up my harp, warming up and running through my pieces, I listened as the competitors in the Beginner and Novice categories played their pieces. Then at noon, the competition stopped for lunch.

After lunch, the remaining competitors re-tuned their harps for the hall had warmed up considerably since the morning. The Apprentice and Journeyman competitors played their airs, strathspeys, jigs, and reels.

Late into the afternoon, it was finally the time for those in the Master category to compete. After all points were tallied, I was fortunate enough to be awarded 1st place in the Master's Category at the National Scottish Harp Competition. This means that I am the 2010 National Scottish Harp Champion!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful--just wish I could have been in two places at once and heard you.

    Congratulations! Lovely to see you again.
    Carolyn Currie (mother of Kathleen)

    ReplyDelete