Saturday, October 23, 2010

Waiting

The stage for the competition was set up in the corner of a large vendor hall of the Meadow Highland Games. There were four large 3-tier bleachers which provided a nice enclave for the stage. Dennis on the left has already competed. Mark waits for his competition category.

Mark was not planning on attending the competition, but on a whim I emailed Mark mentioning that I already had a room reserved. I suggested that he had already prepared a competition set that he could use again during the current competition year. If he changed his mind, we could ride together from Columbus. A few days later, Mark texted me saying, "Look at your darn email!" He had responded right away, quickly agreeing to go. I had not checked my email, but when I did I was glad for the opportunity to catch up with a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment