Sunday, June 27, 2010

The High Road to Gairloch



Today, I left Skye. Originally, I planned to take the ferry from Uig to the Isle of Harris, and then drive up to Lewis. Since that ferry doesn’t run on Sunday, I drove up the coast to Ullapool to take that ferry over to Lewis. I’m leaving my car on the mainland and hiring a car for tomorrow while on Lewis. The fringe benefit of driving up the coast was that I was able to go through Gairloch. I’ve wondered what this place looked like ever since learning The High Road to Gairloch from Jo Morrison. This small sea side community has some nice beaches and blue ocean waters. Since I didn’t travel in on the road marked as the “low road”, I can only assume that I took the high road.

3 comments:

  1. These pictures just get more gorgeous by the day. Have you had any bad weather at all? Starting to sing now..."You take the high road and I'll take the low road..."

    When do you start the journey back to the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has commented about how unusually pleasant the weather has been. So I've been very lucky! It rains a little at various points but clears up right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has commented on the unusually pleasant weather they are having. It rains a little some days, and then clears up.

    ReplyDelete