Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hughton Crossroad


I decided to try another pull-off. A highway worker named Maddie was there with his dog. He had been mowing grass on the sides of the road with the large mowers like we see on the interstates. I asked him if his dog had been riding along for the day. He replied, “He goes everywhere I go.” When I mentioned my quest, he knew exactly where I was talking about. As he gave directions, things made sense because I had passed some of the places he was referring to. He gave me a few very specific directions like turning right at the Hughton Crossroad, which I had already tried. But then he mentioned a white cottage that was for sale. He also said that the gate for the property hadn’t been locked as it had in the past. He seemed much more optimistic and helpful than the others I’d met so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment