Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Retracing My Steps



I retraced my way to the Crask of Aigas and pulled over on the side of the road and tried to look towards where the Beauly River flowed. I could barely make out a fence on the edge of a gorge area and perhaps some building. The trees blocked everything. I travelled by the gallery again and decided to have a look. I told the gallery owner what I was looking for, and he gave me some directions. He also repeated that the owner wouldn’t like people snooping around, but he may be a little more forgiving since I had a good story about playing the harp. He might even want to hear it. I travelled in the direction that the gallery owner had given. I kept looking for places where the river might split to go around an island. I was convinced I had found it several times, but it didn’t seem that spectacular. Eventually I asked a woman pushing her two babies in a stroller on this one lane road. She referred me to the golf course that overlooks the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment